Wednesday 25 July 2012

Hey that's my stock card!

Another Monday and this time a quick scoot with my split bag-for-life full of games over to James' s house. Amongst the collection was my two new editions Hey That's My Fish and Nexus Ops. After a quick study of each Nexus was put away for another day and HTMF was unpacked. There's not much to say about this game that hasn't been said before, and both games finished with me winning by point. I adopted a strategy to limit James's penguins then hopefully clean up at the end. It worked but only just.

Death to the Emperor

Our main game was Airlines Europe. After making the early running by having stock of nearly all companies as opposed to James focused approach I found myself pegged back by his resurgence and a number of fortuitous card draws. Then in the middle passage I made a classic mistake. Thinking I was ahead in the green stock I forged ahead to complete the licences to score the bonus, only to realise a few turns later that James had plonked 4 cards down and was in the lead. Sure enough the remaining green cards turned up for him to whisk away. The wasted time and effort on my part meant that the scores finished 99 to 93 in his favour. Although we both thought he was miles ahead.

So it will be Nexus Ops in a fortnight's time and this should be better now I've properly understood the combat rules…...

1 comment:

  1. Ah, those moments when you realise you've erred. I experience them too, and not just in games. Joking that I don't give a shit about animation. Saying that what we do is hollow and soulless. Pissing on Nick Park's shoes 'for a laugh'...

    ReplyDelete