Tuesday 13 November 2012

Lording it again

So this Monday it was just myself (Chris) and James to do battle over a table top. I was keen to play Lords of Waterdeep again and had given it to James to read the rules over the weekend. Learning from last week I didn't hang about with the quest making and bounded into a quick lead. James still feeling his way amassed adventurers (Or whatever they are called) and money. By mid game however, James had caught me up by putting his resources to good use and it became a lot more cat and mouse. Coming into the final round it really wasn't clear which way it was going to go. The key deciding factor was probably when I laid a Mandatory Quest on James with my second agent. (Sorry Andy but I like them and kept them in!) It was just enough to prevent him from completing an additional big quest.

The difference still was only 10 points in a keenly fought match. James was impressed, another LoW convert!
A familiar scene

We finished the night with Agricola - All creatures small and big. In this game I got my tactics all muddled and created a too restrictive farm, not allowing adequate space stick livestock. Across the table James had a well ordered farm bristling with baaing sheep and neighing horses. Although I recovered with a whole lot of pigs James took the winners rosette for best farm in show....

1 comment:

  1. I love Lords of Waterdeep, enough so I actually refer to the orange cubes as 'fighters' and the white ones as 'clerics'. Look at my purple wizards! They are standing on top of one another in a little tower.

    And I'm really looking forward to Agricola All Creatures Big and Small again. I loved it but have actually only played it once... there are too many games!

    ReplyDelete