Sunday 27 January 2013

Let the records show

... a new record! Now, there's nothing more pleasant than a one-player game of Castles of Burgundy while listening to the football on the radio. My previous best was 209 points, but that had happened so long ago that I was starting to suspect that I'd miscounted. All of my scores since then have been 160-180.

But then, just as Brentford were fighting to a noble draw against Chelsea, I found myself with a dream team of bonuses right at the start of the game, and I played them for all they were worth. My final score: 229.


Maybe I should start a one-player leaderboard.

2 comments:

  1. How can you do the sums whilst listening to a show that revolves around numbers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive Andrew - I keep nearly getting CoB out for a one player go, but my current fix is Commands and Colours: Ancients. That would be impossible while listening to the football (if I listened to football!) - I'd get confused and try to get Hannibal to take a penalty shot.
    At some point I'm going to have to try and beat your score ... but as long as I'm fixated on Rome vs Carthage I might just post a match report.

    ReplyDelete