Saturday 30 March 2013

It's the game identification game

Today I found some old photographs of us playing board games while still living in London. These rare glimspes of the past are a sort of Dead Sea Scrolls of GNN, hinting at some lost tradition on which our current empire is founded.

El Grande: a timeless classic from the start

A note on the back of the photo said I won this game

My memories of games in London are pretty sparse. I'm fairly sure I wasn't there for the first ever meet, but then again, I might have been. And although I remember El Grande (above) I have no knowledge at all of this next game. Any ideas, anyone?



It's a shame I can't remember because, judging by our expressions, it was the most fun game ever.




5 comments:

  1. And Chris wins the Game Identification Game by email. It's called Doge, and he sold it. Chalk up another win for Chris - this boy's on form!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay me! I too shall look for some old pix :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Well remembered Chris! Was Doge mine initially, or am I thinking of Attila? Either way, happy memories - I assume anyway, as I have no recollection of this game outside of the title.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They were both yours initially and you had a clear out and I took them in. Attila never really ignited our interest however Doge had a nice little run. I'm sure if we were playing it these days the blog title would be "Canon Fodder". They both went together in the same cull.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris see if you can find a pic of you with the same slightly shifty smirk - a slightly creepy picture is forming in my mind.
    I imagine if any insurance salesmen knocked on the door they'd be ushered in and forced to play proto-euros for 36 hours straight - later found wandering the streets with no trousers, mumbling about area-control. "...I put my influence cubes in the Castille... but it wasn't enough ..."

    ReplyDelete