Tuesday 2 April 2013

More on a theme.

Inspired by Andy's post I thought I would have a rummage around the photo's to see if I could come up with any captured moments. Sadly my records only go back to New Years Eve 1999. Yes that's right folks we saw the new century in over gaming boards at Sam's mum's house in Frome.


Does Andy still have this T-shirt?
 And then on New Years Day, we went for a walk up Cley Hill.

We never got round to making the album
Some more from the vaults....
We played Settlers back then!


This was one of our first games weekends in 2007



7 years later, T-shirt still going strong
And we didn't just play games in those days
Oh no.....
And one from our time in Devon....

Don't know this game


So anyway.....James and I played a game of Nexus Ops last night. A very tactical battle was played out as I had only enough refineries to produce 10 rubium to his 17. After I had cancelled out his early gains and stolen a number of his refineries James produced a move which saw him claim 6 victory points in one fell sweep and therefore the game 12 - 8. Up until that point it was on a knife edge as I was making major in roads into his side of the board, but alas it was not to be......



4 comments:

  1. Great photos Chris. That last game is Caylus - though I wasn't playing - I turned up next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed by Joe's ability at identifying games given only a tiny corner and some pieces at a really weird angle. I'm also quite surprised at our dancing skills.

    And I do still have that t-shirt, although it is now relegated to pyjama duty these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff Andy.

    I thought it might be Caylus Joe, but I thought you played it with us and you weren't in any of pics. That explains it....

    ReplyDelete